Friday 4 September 2015

About this blog

 
Welcome to my first blog post, and whilst writing this I'm thinking I'm I am probably welcoming no one because this is my first blog post in an experiment that could possibly have no audience ever...BUT to keep it positive, I'm just gonna assume that one day there will be millions of you, and that I'll probably be rich or something.

This blog is for self benefit, but from being part of a huge society of young drama people, I know I am in the same boat as thousands of others: that limbo between Alevels and the hopeful, sparkly land of drama school to which we all aspire. Therefore if I help some other people along the way, it will be a bonus. Last year when I went into my first year of drama school auditions, I found myself constantly googling advice of WHAT DO THEY WANT, and whilst not finding the answer (because there really isn't one), there were a few blogs I read which actually put me a little at ease, describing their experiences of different auditions. I really want to be able to help other people in that same way, recording what I learned for not only myself, but for others like me. I think especially if you're going into your first year of drama school auditions, its nice to know just exactly what happens at each one, rather that the brief overview given by the school themselves. This way you can be prepared for whatever they throw at you, knowledge that I am grateful to have now going into my second year of auditions. I will therefore write a good long post on every audition I do, recording what it was I was asked to do, the questions I was asked, the panel's reaction, the monologues I did with what interpretation, and hopefully what I feel I learned from the experience. I actually have a little of this stored up from last year which I may possibly share on an alternative post to remind myself, but also for those of you going into auditions this year too, and need the little advice I have to give.

As well as drama school auditions, I will be sharing other theatrical experiences over the next year. A huge aim of mine is to see AS MANY SHOWS AS POSSIBLE, something which drama schools really advise aspiring actors to do, and something that can generally expand your understanding of theatre techniques and mediums, and which I am really excited to tackle! I started this challenge at the beginning of summer, and have a backlog of posts to share taking the form of almost a review. Theatre journalism is a huge interest to me and therefore I will exercise my skills with this over the year.

I will be recording my experiences of the shows that I take part in over the year as well as any workshops I take part in. Lots of organisations offer various programs to improve an actor's physical theatre, monologue delivery, Shakespeare delivery etc. all of which I cant wait to write about and share.

Fingers crossed that this will be a year of productivity and not laying in my bed everyday eating Oreos! X

No comments:

Post a Comment